Two Ways to Play Deezer Music on Apple TV
Deezer App on Apple TV? When will Deezer release an App for Apple TV? We've been asking for years but there's no straight answer. Should we just migrate to Apple Music for a more seamless experience? QC_Dub asked on the Deezer community.
Deezer is one of the popular music streaming services that gives you access to over 90 million tracks and podcasts if you download the app or use desktop player. The Deezer app is available on iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch. Unfortunately, there is no official Deezer app available on the in-built App Store for Apple TV users. And there's still no particular time when will Deezer release an app for Apple TV.
To play Deezer music on Apple TV, you can AirPlay Deezer from your iPhone, iPad, and Mac to stream music using Deezer on Apple TV. In addition, we will provide an alternative way to help you download Deezer music for playback on Apple TV. Let's get started.
- Method 1. How to AirPlay Deezer from iPhone, iPad, or Mac
- Method 2. Alternative Way to Play Deezer Music on Apple TV
The Deezer app is officially not available for Apple TV. But you can download the Deezer app on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac. So you can stream Deezer songs on Apple TV from iPhone, iPad, or Mac using AirPlay.
1.1 How to AirPlay Deezer from iPhone or iPad to Apple TV
1. Turn on your Apple TV and connect it to the WiFi network.
2. On your iPhone or iPad, go to the App Store on your iPhone or iPad. Search for Deezer and install the app on your device.
3. Open the Deezer app and log in to your account. Select the music track that you want to stream on Apple TV.
4. Select "Audio Settings" from the lower-left corner. And choose your Apple TV from the list of available devices.
Now, the selected track will play on Apple TV.
1.2 How to AirPlay Deezer from Mac to Apple TV
1. To turn on AirPlay on Mac, click on the Apple menu - "System Preferences" - "Display" - "Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available".
2. In the menu bar at the top of your Mac's screen, click the "AirPlay" icon. In the drop-down, choose the Apple TV you want to AirPlay to.
3. If prompted, a passcode will appear on your TV screen. Enter it in the pop-up window on your Mac. Then your Mac should begin mirroring its screen to your Apple TV.
4. Visit the Deezer web player using the Safari browser on your Mac. Click "Sign in" and enter your Deezer account details.
5. From the Deezer music library, select and play a song on your Mac, and you can listen to it on your Apple TV.
Although the Deezer app is unavailable for your Apple TV, you can use AirPlay to stream Deezer music from your Apple devices to your Apple TV. You cannot listen to Deezer songs on Apple TV once you have opted out of the subscription. Alternatively, you can download Deezer music locally so that you are able to enjoy Deezer content on your TV without a subscription.
Macsome Deezer Music Converter is specially designed to download Deezer tracks, playlists, albums, or podcasts without losing the original quality. Furthermore, it can also convert Deezer Music to MP3, AAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, and ALAC with ID3 tags kept. Therefore, you can play Deezer music on any device you want.
Key Features of Macsome Deezer Music Converter
- Support downloading Deezer tracks, albums, playlists and podcasts.
- Download Deezer Music to MP3 / AAC / WAV / FLAC / AIFF / ALAC with HiFi quality.
- Support batch converts multiple playlists at up to 10x faster conversion speed.
- Keep all ID3 tags information, like Track Number, Artist, Artwork, Album, Year, etc.
- Download Deezer Music to Apple TV, iPhone, iPod, Apple Watch, etc.
With the help of Macsome Deezer Music Converter, you will have the ability to download Deezer music to AAC or other audio formats, and then you can listen to Deezer music on your TV without a Deezer subscription. The following part is mainly to tell you how to download Deezer music for playback on Apple TV offline. Before starting, download and install the program on your computer.
Step 1. Login Deezer Music Web Player
Launch Macsome Deezer Music Converter and hit on the "Open Deezer Web Player" button. With a Deezer Music Web Player built-in, you need to sign in with your Deezer Music credentials.
Step 2. Set the Output Parameters for Apple TV
Click on the icon in the top right corner to customize your output parameters. You can choose various output formats, including MP3, AAC, WAV, AIFF, FLAC, and ALAC. Besides, you could change the output folder, output file name, and output organization.
Step 3. Select Deezer Music for Apple TV
Browse the music library to select the songs or playlists you want to play on Apple TV, simply click the "Add to list" button to import the songs to download.
If you have different playlists to convert, please click the "Save to list" button in the lower-left corner of the interface, and the selected tracks will be added to the task list. Then repeat the previous step to import another playlist.
Step 4. Start to Download Deezer Music
After adding selected Deezer songs, you can click the "Convert" button to start the Deezer music downloading process.
Wait for a while and the downloading process will be finished soon. Click the "history" , then "folder" icon, and you will find the downloaded Deezer songs locally.
Now follow the steps below to learn how to stream the downloaded Deezer songs to Apple TV by using Home Sharing.
1. Launch iTunes, and click "File - Add File to Library" to import the downloaded Deezer music to iTunes. Then choose "File - Home Sharing - Turn on Home Sharing."
2. Open "Settings" on Apple TV, then go to "Users and Accounts - Home Sharing". Select Turn on Home Sharing. Sign in with your Apple ID. Use the same Apple ID for every device on your Home Sharing network. Now you can stream the downloaded Deezer music for playback on Apple TV.
This tutorial told you how to play Deezer music on Apple TV. The first way is to use AirPlay to stream Deezer music from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac to your Apple TV. On the other hand, you can also try Macsome Deezer Music Converter to download Deezer music to MP3 or AAC so that you can use Home Sharing to share Deezer music from iTunes to your TV or any other devices, even if you cancel your Deezer subscription.
Macsome Deezer Music Converter has a free trial version, which allows you to convert the first three minutes of each song and convert 3 music files simultaneously. If you want to unlock the time limitation, please purchase the full version.